I’ve been making some updates to my custom bootmaker list. Including…
- Van Curen Leather (Pittsburg TX)
- McGlasson Custom Boots (Spokane Valley WA)
- Falconhead — Tres Outlaws (El Paso, TX)
- Brad Gilbertson (Sherwood, ND )
25 August 2018
- Old Tascosa Leather (Amarillo, TX)
- Spring’s Boots (Big Timber,MT)
- Way Out West Boots (Fort Worth, TX)
- Cowboy & Co. (Sallisaw, OK)
- Medina’s Custom Boots (Gatesville, TX)
- Snakepit Custom Boots (Bedias, Tx)
22 August 2018
- RK Custom Boots & Leatherworks (Lamesa, TX)
- Morris Boot Co. (Fort Worth, TX)
- Jeff Bramhall (Grand Prairie, Texas)
- Hollywood Riff Raff (Newbury Park, CA)
- Republic Boot Co. (Houston, TX)
- Dean Randolf (Canyon, Texas)
- Don Ville (Los Angeles, CA)
Look! It’s a Red Bakelite GOOD LUCK Horseshoe 7 Boots Pin Brooch. 7 boots?! It must be lucky.
Here is a list of some of my favorite finds on Etsy.com. Boots and sometimes not. Hurry… because I kinda want that string tie for myself.
Pablo Jass is a man of few words. These are some of my favorites.
Jass Boot Shop
803 E Ave G, Lampasas TX 76550
“These Boots” by Eric Church. Church visited bootmakers and designers at the Lucchese factory in El Paso TX.
- cording w/ glamorous knife> note: silver leather w/ fringe (1:18)
- pegging (2:44)
- gulping tacks (3:37)
I’ve been in a boot factory only once. Even without the soundtrack there is a unique rhythm that comes from making pair after pair. Leather moving from hand to hand.
Visit Lucchese’s blog, The Last Word.