I think she’s on to something.
Yesterday, I rode my bike for the first time while wearing my cowboy boots. Here are my findings.
Not so good:
- My leather soles were kinda slippery on my bike’s kiddie-style plastic pedals…although the heels did “grip the stirrups” and didn’t travel far.
- I worried about the bike grease getting on my good boots. It didn’t, but shoulda worn a beat-up pair.
- I just stuffed my pants into my boot tops to keep them out of the way of the bike chain.
- I could reach the ground easier, when I stopped at traffic lights.
- It was a short trip with a free taco at the finish line. (Thanks David.)
Now, if I just put a couple cleats in the bottom… maybe inlayed a swell top design with some reflective tape. What do ya think? Hmmmmm. Do I add an extra heel pad to compensate for that cleat?
Photo courtesy of BikePortland.org.